iloveKandi.co.uk – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions run by Kandi on the iloveKandi.co.uk “Site” & also on Twitter or Facebook, unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. The Competition is organised by Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk of 5 Lavender Hill, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7DH.
3. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted within these terms and conditions.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
6. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) will be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct. Competitions are only open to residents of the United Kingdom and you are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident outside of the United Kingdom
7. Where a Competition is open to all age groups, Kandi –iloveKandi.co.uk assumes that by using the website or social network and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents/guardians have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules
8. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Unless stated otherwise, you may enter the Competition as many times as you like however where a winner has been selected and Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has used any software or automated process either to answer questions or to make bulk entries, Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk may select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified by Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk by whatever means the competition is being run. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. There is no purchase requirement to enter a Competition and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
13. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of server functions, technical issues, virus, bugs or other causes outside Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk’s control.
14. Unless stated otherwise stated, prize winners will be chosen at random from all correct Entries (for competitions involving answering questions or where entry is by emailing or otherwise providing a name and/or contact details to Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk) within 28 days of the closing date of the competition. specified in the Competition Notice. Tie-breakers will be judged by Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk and, if required by law, by an independent adjudicator. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) and Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
15. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within a reasonable timeframe (and may be contacted by Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk or Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk’s nominated supplier(s)). Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the website or you can write to Competition Prize Winners, Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk, 5 Lavender Hill, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7DH naming the specific competition including a self-addressed stamped envelope for a list of winners.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
17. Prizes are awarded at Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk’s discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
18. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Channel 4 reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
19. All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
20. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
21. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
22. Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.
23. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. The Sites are only intended to be accessed from the United Kingdom. Kandi – iloveKandi.co.uk makes no representation that materials on the Site relating to this Competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited. If you access the Site outside of the United Kingdom, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Updated 9th March 2012